2-Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes

Winter arrived with a vengeance.  One day I was happily raking leaves, enjoying the simple pleasures of autumn and the next day I woke up to this:   An icy, freezing, slippery blizzard. I was not prepared. I need new tires. I need a new car. My mums are buried under a fluffy white blanket. My pumpkins are frozen to the steps. I drove the kids to school watching cars slip through intersections. A long commute becomes longer. Amazon Prime becomes my friend.

This is the post I started exactly one month ago today. Winter came and it stayed. Eventually I was able to scrape the pumpkins off of the sidewalk and shimmy my pots inside long enough for them to thaw.  We got the Christmas tree up and, while I haven't started the Christmas cards yet, preparations are underway.

Even during the Christmas season, I still love the warmth of pumpkin spice.  This easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes is perfect for every day or for a crowd.


While I would never use pumpkin pie filling to make an actual pie (doesn't taste like mom's), 
it's a great shortcut for pancakes!


Just remember 3 - 2 - 1.

Three cups of buttermilk pancake mix.
Two cups of water.
One cup of pumpkin pie filling.


The syrup is calling!




2-Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes

by Rachel @ Simple Girl

3 cups Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix (Like Krusteaz)
2 cups of water (does not count as an ingredient!)
1 cup pumpkin pie mix (Not pureed pumpkin which doesn't have the spices)

Mix together until just combined.  Spoon 1/4 cup portions onto medium hot griddle.  Flip when they start to bubble on top.  But you knew that.





Comments

Miz Helen said…
Your Pumpkin Pancakes look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia