Candy Cornucopia


I wasn't sure if I should call these "Candy Corn"ucopia or "Waffle Cone"ucopia.  
Either way, I thought they would make a cute Thanksgiving take home treat for the kids in 1st grade.  


OK, forget the kids!  What grown-up wouldn't love a cone of treats sitting at their table?


To make, simply buy some waffle cones and dip the edges in melted chocolate.  I added "Gold Sugar" to the edges to make them prettier!  Fill with Caramelized Crispy Snack Mix. Add candy corn and candy pumpkins.


If you use them as a take home item, simply insert the waffle cones into cone-shaped cellophane bags.
Tie with raffia.


Don't forget to Give Thanks this Thanksgiving!




THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZTUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKSLADY BEHIND THE CURTAINGINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYS, FRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, I love this! Such a cute idea, a great favor, and a good reminder of why we celebrate in the first place! Pinning it...and I'd love for you to share it here:

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-2-and-some-fabulous.html
I love this idea...and the Thanksgiving message.
Miz Helen said…
What a great idea, I am going to make these and have them in a basket for my guest. My very best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen
Lorraine said…
This is a really cute idea! The kids must have loved them; I know I would:)
U said…
This is the CUTEST idea!! I will soooo be making these!!!
I am your newest follower from Randee's Organized Chaos!!! Hope you will come take a look and follow if you like!!

Ran
Everyday mom said…
Cute idea, next year I will have to remember to save some candy corn
Emily Thompson said…
this looks amazing, and surprisingly easy! so cute and festive! would love for you to come over on Tuesday and share at my tasty Tuesday party!
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com
These are adorable : ) I shared it on my crafty facebook page!
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
I'm pinning this! Great idea!
www.youhavebeenframed.blogspot.com
Amelia Marie said…
I just found this project through pinterest and LOVE IT!! I'm thrilled to be your newest follower!
Stop by sometime! Amy
amy-showalter.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Rachel,
Hello my friend!!! Your famous! Just saw this on Frugal girls and I knew it had to be you!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Jan Fowler
did i mention that william bought two bags of candy corn for my turkeys at 75% off? and they were the mega bags? i couldn't use them all, and this seems like an amazing treat bag for zack's class (though i won't be able to make the tag... sigh!)

this is such an excellent idea. and congrats on the tatertots nod!
Unknown said…
What a great idea!!
Come to A Themed Baker's Sunday where this week's theme is Thanksgiving treats. Be sure to vote on the side bar for next week's theme as well! Happy Holidays!

Cupcake Apothecary

http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/11/themed-bakers-sunday-14.html
Jenilyn said…
These are sooo cute! I've featured them at Grits and Giggles. Come grab a featured button! http://gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-love-wednesday_23.html
Miz Helen said…
Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday's Thanksgiving Buffet. Hope you are having a great week end and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Miz Helen
Anonymous said…
Love these! Where can you buy the cone bags for wrapping?
Ryder Royalty said…
SO making these!!!! LOVE!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!