My Blog-cation Recap


When one doesn't blog for an entire month, her readers might just assume that A) Perhaps the blogger has passed away, or B) that said blogger hasn't done anything blog-worthy.  Well, I'm here to set the record straight.  Blog-cations are usually a result of life hitting so rapid a pace, that the recording of great (or not so great) ideas simply gets lost in the momentum.  So here's a brief recap of what I've been doing lately:


I baked my mom's awesome carrot cake recipe.
  I really liked the candied carrots on top!


I celebrated Mother's Day.
And I discovered that the key to looking good in a selfie is to have your kids hold the camera so you can hide in back.


I took a walk around the lake and rekindled my love with chartreuse.


I watched a sunset and felt the awe.


We flew to Atlanta and I wondered, once again, how the law of gravity and the law of aerodynamics can coexist.


In Atlanta, we did some serious shopping.


And I found these cute patriotic Cookies in a Jar.


Which inspired these end of the year teacher gifts.


I bought a trampoline for my birthday and I watched the kids do things that I will never do. Ever.


We learned some lessons in economics and marketing at our church-sponsored garage sale. 
Cleaning out one's closet can be profitable!


I photographed my first wedding.

Hope you can enjoy some time off, too!

xo
Rachel











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia