My Trip to Atlanta


I took the girls to Atlanta this past weekend.  I hadn't been back there since the overstuffed moving truck pulled out of our driveway. On that day, we left approximately 17 minutes after the moving truck. I left the house to a cleaning crew and didn't even shed a tear as we hastily drove away, trying to get some daylight driving in on our long journey north. But as it turns out, we ended up missing a lot of things about The South. Things we had taken for granted and had no idea we would be missing. Things like Chick-fil-A. Is that wrong? 

This was our first stop.


Aaaahhh..... after almost of year of giving up such deliciousness, here it was..... 
our first Chick-fil-A sandwich.

If you haven't ever eaten a Chick-fil-A sandwich, you have no idea what you're missing. Perfectly seasoned and breaded chicken pan-fried to a crispy crust, leaving the inside moist and tender. Once you eat a Chick-fil-A sandwich, you will wonder how you ever lived so long without one.


A second Chick-fil-A sandwich.
Tastes even better with a side of friendship.


Here's a locksmith breaking into my safety deposit box.  I lost my key.  I'm not proud of this.
I asked him if he had considered a career on Oceans Eleven. He's thinking about it.


I keep reminding myself that the lifestyles on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" are not normal in any other part of the world than Atlanta.

A Presidential visit to Morehouse College + Tornadoes to the West = The Perfect Storm for delayed flights.


Welcome to Moe's!
A great diversion for our loooong delay.  
Did you know that the entire airport shuts down for Air Force One?


President trumps Housewife.... and entire collegiate Lacrosse Team!
(Not to mention the other gazillion people traveling through Hartsfield Airport!)

But we made it home safely, and, in the wake of the recent tornadoes, I'll take a delay any day.
Oklahoma, you are in our prayers!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like fun!
We are huge Chick-fil-A fans too! My brother in M D lives one mile from one and William plans out the CfA runs we have while we visit.

Also, next time we talk, remind me tell me about our safecracker experience! It was a la Al Capone!

Glad you had a fun time.

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia