Blondie Cupcakes


I made my own birthday cupcakes. By choice. I have to admit I've become a bit of a baked good snob.  A store bought cupcake just cannot compare to one that comes fresh out of the oven.  And when every middle-aged calorie counts, I just can't spare any that aren't steeped in deliciousness!  


So for my birthday, I picked Blondie Cupcakes.  Here are the reasons why:
  1. I was in a hurry.
  2. I had to use ingredients on hand.
  3. I am Blonde.
  4. Legally Blonde is my favorite movie... "You're breaking up with me because I'm too... Blonde?"--Elle Woods
  5. It was in the Martha Stewart Cupcakes book, and I'm baking every recipe.
  6. Legally Blonde is my favorite movie...."Whoever said orange was the new PINK, was seriously disturbed!" Elle Woods
  7. I love a good chocolate chip cookie in any form!
  8. Legally Blonde is my favorite movie....WARNER:  "You go to Harvard Law School?"  ELLE: "What, like it's hard?"
Ok...I'll stop now.


These cookies are super easy.  Just whip together your butter/margarine and brown sugar and add your vanilla and eggs.


Throw in the dry ingredients and mix some more.


Next, pick your add-ins.  
Now, a true Blondie will have only blonde add-ins like Cashews, Butterscotch Chips or Heath Crunch.


I figured a little chocolate never hurt anyone.


An Ice Cream scoop is perfect for measuring.



Like a chocolate chip cookie..... But better!



Blondie Cupcakes
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter or 1/2 cup margarine
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups add-ins:
Like
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cups cashews, chopped
1/2 cup toffee bits or chocolate, chopped
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
  2. With an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla;  beat until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.  Reduce speed to low.  Add flour mixture and beat until incorporated.  Fold in add-ins.
  3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each 3/4 full.  Bake, rotating tin halfway through, until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in centers comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 20 -25 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.


Comments

Christi said…
Oh my goodness these look amazing! I love anything with butterscotch chips. Found you through Somewhat Simple Link party!!
Rita said…
Wow! Those look so good and I love that you made them into a cupcake! Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
These look incredible!
i am mama lola said…
visiting from the nifty thrifty hop!
this recipe looks amazing!!!!! yum!!!!
Miz Helen said…
Hi Rachel,
Your Blondie Cupcakes look delicious. Your recipe is fabulous and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen
Maria said…
Your cupcakes sound wonderful!!! I love butterscotch chips, and with the nuts these just sounds so delicious!
jhester said…
These sound delish! I love blondies and never thought about them in cupcake form- I love it!

Jess

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia