Day 28 - "W" is for Waves!


I always feel a little rush of adrenaline when I find an opportunity to use another one of my cookie cutters!  Today, as we prepared for the Swim Team Banquet, I got out my alphabet cookie cutters, all in search of one letter - "W" for Waves.


Cut out cookies are perfect for little hands.


As usual, we used the frozen, prepared dough that I stock-pile when it comes out around Christmas.


Each girl demanded equal time with the "W" cutter - 


As well as equal face time on the blog!


We baked up almost 4 dozen W's from two packets of frozen dough.


I frosted them them in an aqua blue with my new favorite alternative to Royal Icing -
Wilton's Poured Cookie Icing.


I've posted the recipe before, but it bears repeating.
I used the same icing recipe to outline the cookies in white.


GO WAVES!




Wilton's Poured Cookie Icing

Ingredients:

1 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup

Instructions:

Place sugar and milk in bowl.  Stir until mixed thoroughly.  Add corn syrup and mix well.  For filling in areas, use thinned icing (add small amounts of light corn syrup until desired consistency is reached).


TODAY'S SPENDING: $0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia