Caramelized Crispy Snack Mix


My friend, Kathy, brings this delicious snack mix to every class party BY REQUEST!  It's completely delicious and, unfortunately, COMPLETELY ADDICTING!  I customized it for Ella's Pink Party by using pink and white M&M's, which I found at Party City.  Vary your M&M colors to make this a delicious and festive treat!

Caramelized Crispy Snack Mix

9 cups Rice Chex cereal
9 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups candy coated chocolate candies (a.k.a. M&M's!)

  1. Heat oven to 250 degrees.  Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray.  Measure the cereal into the pan.
  2. In a 3-quart saucepan stir together brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.  (WARNING:  Resist the urge to use a smaller pan - the baking soda makes it bubble up!) Cook and stir 8-9 minutes over medium heat until mixture heats to boiling.  Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Stir in baking soda.  Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. 
  3. Bake 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until coating is set.  Cool 5 minutes; stir in candies.  Spread on parchment paper to cool, about 10 minutes.  Break into pieces.  Store in an airtight container.


THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED TO MONDAYS: MOUTHWATERING MONDAYS, MADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO Z, TUESDAYS: TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY, TASTY TUESDAY, IT’S A BLOG PARTY, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS! WEDNESDAYS: SHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKS, LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS:  IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYS, STRUT YOUR STUFF, FULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAY, GROCERY CART CHALLENGE, FOOD ON FRIDAYS, FRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY,,  FRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS,  FRIDAY FOOD SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE


Comments

love, love, love it. i love anything sweet, and then, with butter... mmm, mmm, good!
Such a lovely change from the usual Chex mix. I can't wait to give it a try.

:)
ButterYum
This sounds so good. I love love love sweet Chex Mix and this is going to be too easy to whip up any time I want! :)
annies home said…
I spend lots of money buying the chex mex snack one of my weaknesses in life this is a delicious mix that I can save money and make at home yummy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Janet said…
It looks like a festive party with such great treats. Ella looks so cute on the big swing!
Mimi said…
What a sweet twist on Chex Mix snack. You can't go wrong with brown sugar flavored treat.
Mimi
Kim McCallie said…
I like this combination because the cereal is my favorite part. I don't like to be slowed down with nuts or pretzels. Plus, it's really versatile and you can switch it up with seasonal M&M's. I love it! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.
Miz Helen said…
What a great snack recipe, I just love snack goodies like this. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen
Jessica said…
Do you know how many servings this makes? Thx!
It makes a big batch. You'll get 18 - 20 cups out of one recipe.

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Cute Cupcake Boxes!

Dr. Seuss Snacks!