Pink Birthday Party Ideas



Call me crazy, but when Ella told me she wanted a gymnastics party (Fun for the kids, Easy for the moms), I was a little disappointed. My mind began to race.  "Are you sure you don't want a Fancy Nancy Party or a Pink Princess Tea Party?  Something where mommy has to do a lot of work and get a little bit stressed out?" I asked my almost 7-year old.  OK, so I didn't say the last part, I only thought it. But I love cute theme parties, and since my baby is now 7, I'm holding on to those opportunities for dear life! But Ella would not be swayed.  She wanted a turn on the big swing which only the birthday girls with gymnastics parties get to do.


I decided I could make us both happy by creating a cute and easy theme in the party room.  And since my little Pinkerella loves pink, I went with it!

Here are a few ways I dressed up her otherwise themeless party:

PARTY FAVORS:  Hello Kitty Lunch Boxes.  I snatched these up at Target and Old Navy during the Back to School Sales.  Inside were Hello Kitty Lip Gloss, Hello Kitty Pencils and Pink Party Chex Mix.

DECORATIONS:  Pink Tablecloths, Pink Balloons, Pink Plates and Napkins.  My favorite decorations were these easy sew Birthday Banners made of a mix of sweet pink fabrics.

FOOD: Pink Frosted Cupcakes, "Pink" White Chocolate Popcorn, "Pink" Chex Mix and Marshmallow Pops dipped in white chocolate and Pink Sprinkles.

PRINTABLES:  I used these Free Birthday Printables for Thank You tags on the lunchboxes and a fun greeting in the pink popcorn cups.

Per the request of the moms who attended, I'll post the recipes this week!


I guess you can have your cake and eat it, too!



THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED TO MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZTUESDAYSTUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAYTASTY TUESDAYIT’S A BLOG PARTY, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKSLADY BEHIND THE CURTAINGINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS  FRIDAYSI’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY, FRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE

Comments

Turnedgypsy said…
That sounded like one great party.

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Chris
The Posh Nosh said…
Love it. I will be totally sad when my triplets no longer want a part at home, I have loved creating there them parties.

http://www.thriftywithtriplets.blogspot.com
Happy, happy birthday to Ella! What a beautiful party room.
You did a great job with a "themeless" party. Everything looked great. Now I want a gymnastics party too! :-) I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky @ www.messforless.net
This party is just perfect! My girls would have loved every thoughtful detail of yours. The Hello kitty lunchboxes are just so cute!
Kim McCallie said…
I love the pink party ideas. I have two boys so pink is not in my life at all. I wish it was. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.
Miz Helen said…
She looks like she is having the time of her life, and she is adorable! This looks like such a special party. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen
Anonymous said…
So cute! I love the ease of the party venues, but there is something fun about a themed party at home. I did a craft themed one for my daughter's 8th birthday and Strawberry Shortcake for her 6th. Those were my faces. She liked her unthemed roller skating party. ;o)

Thanks for linking up with Momtrends this week!

~Shannon, Food Channel Editor, Momtrends.com

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia