An Equestrian Party


When Anna, the animal lover, turned eleven in November, we decided to give her an equestrian party.  She was thrilled.  Giving Tween parties can be a little tricky.  They're too old for pre-school frou-frou, but that doesn't mean one should give up style!


The stables provided the perfect backdrop for an outdoor picnic.
I used tan tablecloths from Target and topped them with strips of fun fabric.


I loved these "green" plates and bamboo forks from Party City.  
The girls all wanted to take the forks home with them as souvenirs! 


Mason Jars with flowers added to the rustic theme.


Each plate was topped with a Horse-shaped cookie in a cellophane bag tied with raffia.



I was even able to re-use the bunting from Ella's "Pink Party!"


IBC Root Beer in a bottle added an old-fashioned touch.


I kept the dessert simple with chocolate cupcakes.


When not riding horses, the girls decorated horse shoes.


And everyone went home with "CowGirl" Cookies in a Jar.
You can find the How-To on these along with the cute labels on Bakerella's website!


And, of course, a few more pictures of the party girls!



Happy Birthday, Anna!




Comments

ADORABLE!!!! My daughter takes horse lessons twice a week and is obsessed with horses!! I would love for you to link this recipe up to my Famous Linkz Party! www.made-famous-by.com

Hugs,
Heather aka Made Famous By
Unknown said…
Oh I love it! i was a horse crazy girl this would have been my dream party
Stephanie said…
The little wildflowers in jars are so cute!
Mindie Hilton said…
Magical, featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time :)
Six Sisters said…
These girls look like they had a blast at this party! Who wouldn't...it's so CUTE! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you back next Saturday and share more of your recipes and ideas! -The Sisters
Oh how beautiful! My daughter would love this! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday, I hope to see you next week too!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia