Groundhog Pudding Cups


Now that we are back living in The North, I'm starting to remember why, prior to my life in The South, I had only had a handful of pedicures and didn't own any sandals.  Exposing one's feet presents health risks.  Like frostbite.


Groundhog's Day (February 2nd) is just around the corner. At this time, as legend has it, the groundhog will either emerge from its hole on a sunny day, see its shadow, get scared, and hide leaving us with six more weeks of winter, or it will emerge on a cloudy day, see nothing noteworthy and predict an early spring.  Sunny or not, a package of Pepperidge Farm Milano's was all the inspiration I needed to celebrate the impending season.


When I first saw these cookies in Family Fun magazine, I immediately tore out the page. How cute are these groundhogs?  The actual assembly is a bit tedious, but the eager anticipation of the recipients makes it all worth while.


Begin with some Milano cookies.  Use sliced almonds for the ears.  Dig through the bag to find a good pair and then slice them in half the short way.



My glue of choice is usually melted chocolate.  I found these great candy piping bags at Michael's.  They work even better than the Ziploc Bag method and if you have extra chocolate, just store it in the bag for next time!

It's a great discovery.


Next, grab a bag of peanut butter or butterscotch chips and cut the little tips off.  Be a hero and let your kids eat the scraps.  Or be a hero to yourself.  I'm not here to judge.



Glue the butterscotch chip "cheeks" onto your groundhog.  Next pipe a little nose and two eyes.  I used white chocolate to pipe in some teeth.


Next, mix up some pudding.  I divided four 4-serving boxes among 12 cups.  The new Devil's Food Pudding was particularly delicious.  Add some "dirt" with crushed Oreos.


Place your groundhogs in the cup and see what happens! Winter will surely last longer than these fun little desserts.  Whether or not the groundhog sees it shadow this year, I prognosticate that winter around these parts will linger!


THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYS MADE BY YOU MONDAY, FLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAYOUR DELIGHTFUL HOME TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYS, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY, TRICK OR TREAT TUESDAY ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON,  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX  WEDNESDAYS: WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS:STRUT YOUR STUFF, FULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY,FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYFOOD ON FRIDAYS, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,   SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES, BACON TIME , KITCHEN FUN WITH MY THREE SONS,   SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOSSUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY THINGS


Comments

Unknown said…
This is the cutest idea ever! I have never seen it before! Thanks for posting! I am a new follower! Follow me back if you would like!
Thanks!
Kimberli @ greatastestuesdays.blogspot.com
Such a cute idea! =)
Im a new follower of your blog.

Have a awesome week!
one of my children was born on groundhog day...this would make for a super cute birthday dessert
Miz Helen said…
These are just adorable little Groundhog Pudding Cups, and they look yummy! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Brooke said…
These are fabulous! I used to teach first grade, so I really get in to all these fun little holidays. I have three boys at home now, and I get to do these kind of things with them. Thanks so much for sharing! They've been pinned. Have a great day!
a joyful noise said…
Awesome and eatable too!
Paula said…
Hi Rachel!! Saw these cute little pudding cups at Nifty Thrifty Sunday and had to stop by pin :)) I'm your newest GFC follower...would love for you to stop by and ck out my place :)

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com
Marsha said…
So cute and fun. I love Groundhog Day! I used to teach first grade and we loved ground hog day. My kids thought it was a national holiday.
Nat Mac said…
Those are so fun! We will for sure be making those at our house this week.
Cass Bradshaw said…
So cute! I feel your pain on the -6... I live in Northern UT. I'm hoping for an early spring too! cass-eats.blogspot.com
These cute little groundhogs are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays!

Jody
Susan said…
These are so cute - I cannot wait to make them! I'd love for you to share them at Tuesday's Table - http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2013/01/tuesdays-table-superbowl-edition.html
Jedi Craft Girl said…
Those are too cute!!! Love them!
Thanks so much! I can't wait to check it out! :-)
craftedbylindy said…
These are amazing! I shared them on my blog today with a link back to this post. Hope that's okay. http://craftedbylindy.com/2013/02/01/oh-sweet-groundhog/

Happy Groundhog Day!

Lindy
Winnie said…
These are extremely cute and beautiful
So creative of you !!
Miz Helen said…
Have a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Unknown said…
I am going to make these for my birthday. I am a groundhog!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia