Buffalo Chicken Dip



HAAAAPPY NEW YEAR!  

The voice in my head sounded like Frosty the Snowman.  Could you hear it?  The voice of Frosty, that is.  Not the voices in my head.  

Well, our New Year got off to a bit of a rocky start when, despite getting their flu shots, both Nana and Papa ended up in the hospital with the flu.  Our plans for a New Year's Day "Bowl-O-Rama" party took a slight shift as all six of the families we had invited over ended up cheering for their favorite teams in the hospital waiting room instead of our well stocked kitchen.  Fortunately, a week later, Nana and Papa are both resting and recovering. I took one for the team by eating this delicious and creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Celery every day for lunch this week. I'm a team player like that. I think I'll be making this again for The Super Bowl!

This dip is satisfying and creamy.  It has a great flavor and is not overly spicy so feel free to adjust the seasoning as fits your palate!  Do not substitute Tabasco sauce for the Frank's Red Hot Sauce.  It is not the same thing.  Don't ask me how I know this.


Buffalo Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup lite ranch salad dressing
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 pound shredded chicken or 2  8-ounce cans chicken

DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. 
Serve with chips or vegetables.

Comments

Miz Helen said…
Hi Rachel,
This is a great dip that we will love and Happy New Year to you! Thank you so much for celebrating TWO YEARS with FULL PLATE THURSDAY, I appreciate your visit!
Come Back Soon
Miz Helen
I make a version of this too. It's my favorite appetizer!

Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!
I have a similar recipe and I LOVE it! :)
Alex said…
Thanks for the buffalo chicken dip, Rachel! We are a family that loves buffalo chicken, so we are always on the lookout for new and fresh dip ideas. I'll try to make this appetizing dip soon.

-Alex Staff

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia