Black Bean and Corn Salsa


I've been testing out a few recipes to go with my Super Bowl Chicken Taco Bar this Sunday and this one came up a winner. It's easy to put together and ads a fresh, flavorful and healthy element  to the lineup.   Black beans and corn come together with a sweet and spicy kick.  It's so good, you won't be able to stop eating it!


  • It's also extremely versatile.  Use it in place of chicken for a tasty vegan taco filling or add two cups of the salad and one cup of your chicken taco filling to a quart of chicken stock and you have instant Chicken Enchilada Soup!


  • Go ahead.  Pile it on!


  • Black Bean and Corn Salad
  • adapted from This Recipe at The Food Network
2 - 14 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups frozen corn kernels
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 cup canola oil
hot sauce to taste (I prefer Frank's Red Hot)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yum sounds good!
I make a similar dish---

black beans
white corn
red bell pepper
olive oil
red wine vinegar
parsley

I love munching on this. It's so delicious!
I love the red wine vinegar idea! Will have to try it! :-)
GINA said…
I use bottled Italian dressing for the dressing on this salsa with a few shakes of hot sauce and a tablespoon of sugar. I also put some fresh chopped cilantro in as well ! I am fixing it for tomorrow too!
Bottled Italian dressing is a great go-to! Have fun watching the game!
Unknown said…
This salsa look delicious! It must also be very flavorful. Great recipe!

I just discovered your blog and browsed through some of your recipes, they all look scrumptious!

I really enjoy reading your posts :) you have a new follower!

Michela from Italy
Miz Helen said…
This is one of my favorite Salsa's, it looks so good. Have a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia