Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Solstice Haiku (December 21, 2012)


Today is the winter solstice which means that up north, we're down to about 8 hours of daylight. Give or take. The way I see it, that's just more viewing time for Christmas lights.  Each day after this is going to get a little bit longer. Since this particular winter solstice also marks the end of a long cycle on the ancient Mayan calendar, I thought I would take time the time to express my thoughts in poem. Enjoy!


Winter Solstice Haiku

On this darkest night
Snow reflects glimmers of hope
Dawn will break again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the kind of gal that wishes she could live in Scandinavia in the summer and somewhere along the Equator in the winter. I always look forward to the winter solstice, when daylight starts lengthening again.
    Lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete