Gingerbread Muffins


Are you in the Christmas spirit yet?  If not, these treats will jump start your taste buds. Think of them like a gingerbread man stuffed into a muffin tin.  The only difference is that when it's time to take a bite, these don't have red hot eyes staring back at you!


Plenty of molasses and ginger create a dense, moist treat which walks the fine line between muffin and cupcake. In fact, my addition of a white chocolate drizzle may have just pushed them over the edge.


But since the recipe specifically said muffin, I let my kids eat them for breakfast!




Gingerbread Muffins
Adapted from Food Network Magazine, December 2012

Sift Together:

2 cups flour (All purpose or white, whole wheat)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk Together:

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
(It is important to thin out the molasses before combining it with the dry ingredients.)

Fold wet mixture into dry.  Divide among 12 prepared muffin cups.  Bake 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Remove muffins from oven.  Drizzle the top with melted white chocolate.
Enjoy!


Comments

your muffins look festive and delicious! i'd come over and have them for breakfast...
Miz Helen said…
Hi Rachael,
Your Gingerbread Muffins look delicious, sure wish I had one right now. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Jennifer Dawn said…
Wow! These look delicious! I'd love for you to link these up to my weekly link party. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-20.html
Jessie Weaver said…
These are so tasty! I cut back the ginger a little bit because I was scared my kids wouldn't eat them. But with the white chocolate, they were gobbled up. Even my husband, who claims to hate molasses, had one!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia