Roasted Banana Cupcakes


I'm sorry.  I've been a cupcake slacker.  Well, not not a cupcake slacker, but a posting slacker.  I actually baked these cupcakes ON TIME, but ran out OF TIME when it came to posting.  Please forgive me.  Pretty please.  With honey-cinnamon frosting on top?


Roasted Banana Cupcakes were the Martha Stewart's Cupcake Club baking assignment for the month of June.  Oh, good.  It's still June.

Roasting the bananas makes them even more banana-y and the resulting flavor was so successful, that I think I will add roasted bananas to my banana bread!  Fortunately, I made a last minute decision to read the instructions and realized that you roast the bananas IN the skin.  I would have otherwise assumed that one would peel them first. Here are my beautiful yellow bananas BEFORE roasting.


Here are my beautiful yellow bananas AFTER 15 minutes in the oven.

I call this still life, "Black Bananas at Sunset."


Inside, however, the bananas are sweet and softened and very banana-y.


I was tempted to just go with the all purpose flour, but lo and behold, I found some cake flour buried in my pantry.  I think the cake flour was a good move because even with the heavy bananas, the cupcakes turned out light and cupcake-y, not dense and muffin-y.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I happen to like dense muffins.


Here are the baked cupcakes after the teenage son thought they were fair game.  Has he not yet learned to ask if the food has been photographed first?


While I am partial to cream cheese frosting on everything, I thought the Honey Cinnamon Frosting was perfectly balanced to this cupcake.  The flavor was delicate and not too sweet.


This recipe was definitely a hit in our house!  
Except with the daughter.  
She doesn't like cinnamon.  
Or ketchup.  
That's just wrong.


You can find the complete cupcake and frosting recipe at Martha's website.  

Thanks to The Baking Addict at More Than The Occasional Baker
for selecting this month's cupcake!

You can join our baking club anytime!  
Just buy the book and link your results at mscclub.blogspot.com!

THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZBEDAZZLE ME MONDAYFLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAYOUR DELIGHTFUL HOME TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYS, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!   MANDY'S RECIPE BOX  WEDNESDAYSSNAPWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKS, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYSSOMETHING SWANKY  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYS, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME , KITCHEN FUN WITH MY THREE SONS, AROUND MY FAMILY TABLE  SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFEA ROSIE SWEET HOME

Comments

Baking Addict said…
I love the roasted banana flavour too and will use it for cakes and breads in the future. Your cupcakes turned out beautifully especially the frosting!
MMM, I wasn't contemplating making the recipe, but you've sold me on it! I wonder if the bananas would be a terrible mess if you used super ripe ones. What do you think?
Just use a parchment liner! They might be messier, but I think the flavor would be just as good!
Naptime Review said…
Yum! Newest GFC follower from Show and Tell Wednesday. Love for you to return the follow and say hi. Those cupcakes look awesome!

www.thenaptimereview.com
Six Sisters said…
Oh YUM! These banana cupcakes look so good! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters
Diane Balch said…
roasted banana... very interesting. Great looking cupcakes please share them on my foodie friday party today.
Kathy Bradshaw said…
Looking at your photos I can just smell the bananas.Yum. New follower.Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia