Glimpses Week 21 | The Kiss


My mom and dad came down to visit last week for Samuel's confirmation and 8th grade Graduation.  Right after the final bell, we packed up Grandma and Grandpa and the kids and headed to North Carolina to visit The Biltmore, the largest single family home in America.  And yes, you counted right.  That would be eight people and luggage and a cooler packed into a 2003 Ford Expedition driving through the mountains.  In this case, the driver definitely got the good seat! 

The genius that went into this home built in the late 1800's by George Vanderbilt is amazing and the panoramic view of the Smoky Mountains is breathtaking.  We were about the last ones to leave the estate, when I spotted my mom and dad resting on the vine-covered veranda. I love that I captured this moment. They'll be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this August!

I'm linking up this weekly Glimpse of our life to Chic Critique's Glimpses Project.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia