Deviled Ham and Eggs



We never really ate deviled eggs when I was growing up.  This could have been in part because my one grandma passed down a freaky high cholesterol gene to almost everyone in her path.  Eggs were evil.  They were only used for the occasional baking project and the annual Easter egg dyeing.  My other grandma had a phobia of anything containing mayonnaise - especially if it involved a picnic or potluck.  Where mayonnaise resided, salmonella surely lurked.  I know.  It's a miracle I turned out at all.


Down South, deviled eggs are brought to every occasion - Birthdays .... Thanksgiving ..... Halloween ..... Bunco...... Seriously.  They're a staple.


I love this version because they're colorful and look fancy enough to serve to guests no matter where you live!  And new research shows that an occasional egg is not going to kill you.  It may actually be good for your heart!



Deviled Ham and Eggs
By Rachel @ Simple Girl

6 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
3 Tablespoons Light Miracle Whip (or Mayonnaise, if you prefer!)
1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 cup finely diced ham (1/8 inch cubed)
Green onion for garnish
Barbeque sauce for drizzling

DIRECTIONS:  
Halve 6 eggs lengthwise.  Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.  Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pick relish and mustard.  Add in 3 tablespoons of the diced ham.  Put mixture into a quart sized bag and snip the corner 1/2 inch.  Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each of the egg white halves.  Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of diced ham and snippets of green onion.  Pour 2 Tablespoons of barbeque sauce into a a quart bag.  Make a tiny snip in the corner (about 1/8 inch) and drizzle the barbeque sauce on top of the eggs.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZBEDAZZLE ME MONDAYFLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAY TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKS, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYSSOMETHING SWANKY  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME , KITCHEN FUN WITH MY THREE SONS, AROUND MY FAMILY TABLE  SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE, A ROSIE SWEET HOME


Comments

Stacy said…
Those just look so pretty!!! Mine never look that nice. ;-) I just always get my mom to make them. Ha, ha!

~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents
The bbq sauce drizzle is so pretty and I'm sure it's really tasty, too. Beautiful eggs!
What a great idea to add the ham! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)
I absolutely love deviled eggs. Interesting spin on them, I've never see it prepared like this.

-h
Rose Jesky said…
Those are the best looking deviled eggs I have ever seen, I have to give them a try. I'm so happy came across your blog, I love it, it is so full of cool recipes. I can't wait to try a few. I am now following your wonderful blog. I would like you to come visit me and share this at my Sunday Round UP party. I starts on Saturday evening.
I hope to see you then
Thanks
Rose
Miz Helen said…
This is a great presentation for your great Deviled Ham and Eggs! Hope you are having a wonderful Spring day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Wendy said…
This looks delicious! I Would love to have you link up to my 2 carnivals today....http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-5/ (anything food related) and http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-5/ (deserts only). Hope to see you around!
Rose Jesky said…
Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Round UP.
Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
Six Sisters said…
This is great! We are so glad that you linked up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Sisters

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia