Vegan Peanut Butter Pie



Happy Pie Day!  (Or Pi Day, if you're into math.)  You know, that magic number....  3.14.  Usually I'm not much of a pie person.  I'd rather eat cake. Or cookies. Or brownies.  But in honor of Pie Day, and to celebrate southern cuisine, I thought I'd make a Peanut Butter Pie.


This recipe is a vegan recipe, which means that it doesn't contain the usual dairy or eggs.  It's not that I have anything against meat (or dairy or eggs), it's just that after being told that I have an allergy/sensitivity to dairy and eggs (WAAAHH!!), I thought that incorporating a few vegan recipes into my existence would allow me to enjoy some of the things that I love in a new and more healthful way.


In this recipe, tofu takes the place of cream cheese and whipped coconut milk takes the place of whipped cream.  But don't worry.  It has absolutely no tofu-ey taste at all.  Really.  I promise.  And since you just added tofu to the pie, it pretty much qualifies as lunch.


That's my story and I'm sticking with it.




Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
by Rachel @ Simple Girl

1 pre-made Oreo Crust
8 ounces silken Tofu
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch of salt
1 can coconut milk (not lite)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
chocolate chips, melted for drizzling.

Mix together tofu, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.

Chill a separate bowl in the freezer.  Pour 1 can of coconut milk into a class container and refrigerate until it separates.  The "milk" will be white and rise to the top and the "water" will be clear and stay at the bottom.  Skim off the "milk" or "cream" and put into chilled bowl, being careful not to add any of the water.  Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat like you would whipped cream.  Fold whipped coconut milk into the peanut butter mixture and pour into a pre-made Oreo Crust.  Drizzle with melted chocolate chips.  Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.



THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZBEDAZZLE ME MONDAYFLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAY TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKS, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYSSOMETHING SWANKY  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME , KITCHEN FUN WITH MY THREE SONS SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE



Comments

SO good! I love peanut butter pie! Happy Pi Day!
Ann Kroeker said…
Whoa. This looks amazing. And I have tofu. I just need Oreos!
Wow does this look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)
Anonymous said…
Now that is my kind of reasoning--tofu makes it lunch. ;o) Or breakfast. Or dinner.

Thanks for linking up to Friday Food on Momtrends.com!
CF said…
how much peanut butter did you use, 1 cup?
Ellie said…
I would also like to know how much peanut butter is used?
Thanks! I added "One Cup" Peanut Butter to the recipe. :-)
Unknown said…
I just made this and it turned out AMAZING!!! What an easy, delicious recipe!I will definitely be making this again.

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia