Lavender Iced Brownies


March is my middle daughter's birthday month and it was she who selected the Lavender Iced Brownies for this month's Martha Stewart Cupcake Club. I was excited and curious to bake them as the recipe included a lavender infused icing.  I was so excited that I ordered the culinary lavender a month in advance.  But could I find it when it was time to bake?  Nooooooooo. The idea behind the lavender was to steep it in milk like a tea and then add powdered sugar.  I'm sure I'll be baking these again.  You know that lavender is going to show up tomorrow!


The brownies themselves were fine.  They used only one type of chocolate: bittersweet chocolate.


I divided the recipe in half and was surprised by how little batter I had.  Did I measure wrong?


These were the brownies after they baked.


But here's the part I LOVED!  
I loved how you could take a homely brownie and flood it with a beautiful glaze.  
With the glaze, they would be perfect for a wedding or baby shower or tea!


I found these fun paper "sugar" pansies on line HERE!  
I believe they are actually photographs of pansies printed on edible paper sugar.


 How cute are these?


Here's my advice:  Use your favorite brownie recipe and adorn it beautifully.
Remember, we feast with our eyes, first!

You can find the recipe at Martha's Website.

For more information on the Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Club, click HERE!
New members are welcome!

UP NEXT:  
APRIL 15 - Chocolate-Spice Cupcakes (p. 82-83)


THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZBEDAZZLE ME MONDAYFLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAY TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKS, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYSSOMETHING SWANKY  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME , KITCHEN FUN WITH MY THREE SONS SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE


Comments

OMG I totally forgot about this cupcake assignment!!!! I was so enthralled with my chocolate cake...

As always, your creations are spectacular. pansies are gorgeous and i can't wait to hear about the birthday party!
Rebecca said…
Yours a beautiful! I hope your daughter liked them.
Jamie said…
I didn't get a chance to make the MS cupcakes this month - bummer, these look great!
Just lovely! I can't wait to check out the website with the sugar flowers!
These look beautiful! I'd love for you to share this at Mix it up Monday:

http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday_18.html

I hope to see you soon :)
Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)
Anonymous said…
Those are so pretty! Love the idea of printable sugar paper, the possibilities are endless!

Thanks for linking up to Friday Food on Momtrends.com!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia