Flower Pot Cupcakes


Don't Walk.  RUN TO TARGET to pick up these super cute silicone reusable "flowerpot" cupcake molds!  I promise you, I only bought three boxes. (You get six flowerpots in a box.)  There were still a few left in the Easter aisle!


This is what I will be bringing to the 1st Grade Easter Party this year.  Of course, I had to try them out first, just to make sure they worked! Surprisingly, my kids didn't complain.


Here's an easy way to make the dirt:  Bake the cupcakes as directed on the box (BTW, toss the mix that comes with the box.  Blegh!  Buy your favorite brand instead!) Next, with your fingers, gently pull the top off of the muffin.  Pipe in a little chocolate frosting.  Return the top to the flower pot - UPSIDE DOWN!  Press into place. Perfect dirt every time!  Add a gummy worm.


To make the beautiful flowers, all you need are some Dum Dums (or Smart Smarts as one of our favorite teachers Mrs. Harris calls them!) and mini cupcake liners.


Flatten the liner and fold it in half, then quarters and again into eighths.  With a scissors, round the top.  (Think paper snow flakes.)  Next, cut the smallest hole possible in the tip so the lollipop stick has a place to go.


Stick your flower in the dirt and your spring garden is complete!


Based on my test panel, I know the kids are going to love them!


THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZBEDAZZLE ME MONDAYFLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAY TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKS, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYSSOMETHING SWANKY  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME , KITCHEN FUN WITH MY THREE SONS SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE

Comments

Kelly said…
Those are adorable. They'll probably be sold out of them by the time I get to Target!
These are just ridiculously cute! My girls would go crazy for these! I absolutely adore what you did with them!
angie said…
these are super cute!
These are really, really cute. So clever.
Miz Helen said…
Hi Rachel,
These Flower Pot Cupcakes are just adorable! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Unknown said…
These are so cute! I'm pinning these for sure!
AMR said…
Is this the name of the kit you got at Target? Blooming Flowerpot Cupcake Kit
Thanks!
So very neat!!

I think that this is my first visit to your blog, I welcome you to come by my blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and say hello and become a follower if you'd like, if you aren't one already.
Kelly said…
That's fantastic! Totally solves my peanut allergy friendly birthday party for my daughter. I was going to make a dirt cake for the peanut allergy replacement and this just totally cuteifies it! My new word of the day!
Six Sisters said…
These are the cutest little edible flower pots! We loved having you join us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you again soon! -The Sisters
Unknown said…
completely wonderful!! Thanks for linking up to Tea Party Tuesday.
Cole said…
Oh my goodness, these are so cute! I hope they still have them at my Target tomorrow. :-) Thank you for sharing with Tuesdays at the Table!
These are adorable, I love how you made the flower. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)
Oh my goodness why did I not see these at Target??? I must have them! They are so cute, and I absolutely love the flower.
Jeannie said…
Stopping by Target today. Hope they still have some after your post hit Pinterest!
forwhatitsworth-jeannie.blogspot.com
Caitlin said…
Or, you can bake the cupcakes in paper cupcake liners, and place them in miniature ceramic flower pots. That's what Family Fun magazine suggested.
Great suggestion since you probably can't get this seasonal item at Target anymore!
Unknown said…
I love these! Going to make them for my daughters birthday party!! Thanks for sharing!
StarvingBitch said…
I actually purchased terra cotta pots from Michael's for 18 cents a piece. I prepped them so they were food safe and baked these today. I used green tape from the floral department to wrap the stems of the lollipops so they were green. Then I did the floral wraps but had the color facing up, I did purple, yellow and red. They were gorgeous. I found edible ladybugs at Hobby Lobby and put those in the dirt as well and put a shovel shaped spoon with it. Mom is getting them today for Mother's Day and she gets to keep the pots after to plant in.
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness, these are awesome. We don't seem to get wonderful things like that over here in the UK so I'm uber jealous right now. I wonder if eBay has some that are willing to ship here. Either that or the suggestions of using ceramic flower pots will have to do. (found from Ashton's post on Something Swanky)

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking
Unknown said…
These are really so cute. Thanks for sharing!
http://grsshoes.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia