Easy No Sew Ric-Rac Bunting


I'm planning an Art Party for Arielle with a Ric-Rac decorations theme.  Do you remember Ric-Rac?  That squiggly stuff that used to line the bottom of the gingham dress your aunt made you?  If you don't remember this, then you probably weren't born before 1975.  I tried to explain this concept to our baby-sitter and the Vanderbilt Honors Student gave me a vacuous look, bless her heart. (I'm learning - that's southern.)  She probably also never had a giant comb sticking out of her back pocket or licked her lips through an entire giant-sized Dr. Pepper Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker, either.  This younger generation is so deprived!


This no-sew bunting was the inspiration for all my party decorations. To begin, I bought twelve 9x12 inch rectangles of felt.  I found mine at JoAnn Fabrics for 34 cents each.  I bought two each of six different colors.

Cut each rectangle into a 9x12 inch isosceles triangle.  When you have 12 triangles, line them up in the pattern of your choice, overlapping each short edge by 1/2 inch.  Glue the overlapping edges together. Good old Elmers glue works just fine!


Next, lay out your ric-rac.  I used about one and a half 2 1/2 yard packages of jumbo ric-rac.


Glue this is place about 1/2 inch from the top of your bunting, leaving tails on either end for hanging.
Let everything dry for a very long time.  Seriously. Overnight is good.


Enjoy your festive bunting!  The best part is, you can use it for years to come!

Look for my party post where I'll show you what I did with the felt scraps!



THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZBEDAZZLE ME MONDAYFLOUR ME WITH LOVEMANIC MONDAY TUESDAYSTALENT SHOW TUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKS, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYSSOMETHING SWANKY  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY SHINE ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFFCRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE

Comments

Love it! So pretty AN D easy!
That is easy...and adorable...and easy. (I like easy! Haha!)
Really cute. Would be a simple idea for my daughter's bday. Better than a Party City Happy Bday banner. (Boring.)

Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia