Saturday, February 4, 2012

Don't Let the Quiet Ones Fool You


I love my little baby.  She's kind.  She's peaceful.  She's shy.  She's quiet.  She didn't say a word in class for the whole first half of her kindergarten year.  But she LOVES cheerleading.  Every time I would wake her up on a game morning and help her on with her cheerleading outfit, she would say, "Is today the day we get our trophies?"  "Not today," I would reply, "But soon!"  This was our routine conversation for most of the basketball season.  Finally, yesterday morning, I woke her up and said, "Ella, today is the day you get your trophy!"  

During the awards, my shy little girl walked up on stage to accept her prize.


I think she was happy.  I think she was very, very happy.  


I think that inside that quiet little girl is a comedian or some type of performer just waiting to come out.


Can you see all that personality?


That's my baby and her big sister, growing up WAY to fast!

2 comments:

  1. I have a daughter who is painfully shy. She is a lot like me and her father, both of whom were very shy children.

    The cool thing is, she also loves to perform. Just like me. I love being on stage. Funny how that works out.

    Your girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I love this post. There is so much beauty and hidden potential in our children. I look at mine and wonder what God will lead them to become.

    Your girls are precious...but you knew that. ;)

    ReplyDelete