I think it was the name. I mean, who wouldn't want to try something that's blissful? I had been secretly eyeing these confectionary delights each time I bought my reduced-guilt skinny half-caf soy peppermint mochas at Starbucks.
Finally, I bought one. (For experimental purposes only.) Then I searched the internet for a good copy-cat recipe. After reading all the reviews (No, it's white chocolate, not glaze, it's orange, not lemon, a certain spice is missing.......)
I came up with this: A chewy blonde brownie spiked with orange zest, ginger and cranberries, topped with an orange-infused cream cheese icing with a cranberry and white chocolate topping.
What's not to love?
In an unbiased taste comparison done by none other than my family, these were deemed better.
Why not bake some bliss today?
(Better Than) Cranberry Bliss Bars
By Rachel @ Simple Girl
1 cup butter (2 sticks, very soft)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 Tablespoons orange zest
3/4 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
3/4 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Cream Butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and orange zest and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (except for craisins and chocolate).
- Add to wet mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in dried cranberries and White Chocolate.
- Spread on a parchment lined 10"x15" pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Do not overbake
- Let cool and, if possible, remove from pan and slide onto the counter in one piece. (It makes cutting the triangles easier!)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 Tablespoons orange juice
pinch of salt
- Cream together cream cheese & butter. Add vanilla extract, orange juice and salt. Beat in confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars.
- Cut into 16 rectangles (4 rows, 4 columns)
- Cut each rectangle diagonally so you end up with 32 pieces.
1/2 cup dried cranberries
8 ounces white chocolate or chocolate chips
I like to put the topping on after the bars are cut to ensure evenness, but either way is fine!
Sprinkle the top with the cranberries. Melt 8 ounces white chocolate in a quart Ziploc bag. Snip 1/8 inch off a corner and drizzle the chocolate over the top.
THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYS: MOUTHWATERING MONDAYS, MADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO Z, BEDAZZLE ME MONDAY TUESDAYS: TALENT SHOW TUESDAYS, MUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS! TEA PARTY TUESDAY MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYS: SHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKS, LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS, THURSDAYS: IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYS, STRUT YOUR STUFF, FULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAY, GROCERY CART CHALLENGE, FOOD ON FRIDAYS, FRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO, SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY, SHINE ON FRIDAYS, FRIDAY FAVORITES, FUSION FRIDAYS, FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF, CRUMBS AND CHAOS SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE