iheartfaces | Black


When I heard that the photo challenge theme this week was black, I wasn't thrilled. Black is sad. I like  happy. Black is scary. I like kind.  Blame it on my Scandinavian heritage if you will, but it's in my blood to crave light. I just wasn't inspired by black.  

Fast forward to yesterday, when my (not-so) meticulous calendar failed me and we showed up for ballet pictures on the wrong day.  Not wanting to waste a perfectly good ballet bun, I decided to embrace the light and use black as the negative space.  This black is introspective and calm.  Who knew that black and light went together so well?



Comments

Very pretty. Makes you wonder what she's thinking. It's a deep photo. ;)
deb duty said…
This is a lovely photo. The window light is so pretty and so is your ballerina.
Love this photograph! Good job in not wasting that perfectly good ballet bun! This is a treasure!
Dominique Goh said…
Great shot.. she really looks deep in thought.
Tara said…
a beautiful portrait!!! and thanks for your nice comment on my picture:) tusen takk:)))
Unknown said…
She is very beautiful!
Anonymous said…
So beautiful-- love the lighting!
Raymonde said…
Beautiful capture. She is very pretty.

Thanks for the visit. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia