Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Icing


We're remodeling our master bathroom, and from our previous experience with the kitchen, let me give you two words of advice that will make any home project run more smoothly: Coffee and Cookies. I mean, a contractor just can't argue with you when he has his mouth full of these soft, cake-like cookies with caramel icing. They're just too good! You'll be amazed at just how prompt the tile craftsmen are when they know that fresh, hot coffee,  is waiting for them.


Wouldn't you be?


These soft, cake-like delicious cookies remind me of the kind my grandma used to make.
A delicious autumn treat!



Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Icing
Adapted from allrecipes.com

Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup shortening ( I used Earth Balance)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups White Whole Wheat flour
  1. Cream shortening, sugar and pumpkin.  Add eggs and mix well.  Sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and flour.  Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  2. Drop from spoon to cookie sheet.  I used an ice cream scoop for even cookies.  These worked well as larger cookies because of their cake-like consistency.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Caramel Icing
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1  teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Cook butter, milk and brown sugar until dissolved.  Cool and add confectioner's sugar and vanilla.  Spread over warm cookies.



THIS POST MAY BE LINKED TO: MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZTUESDAYSMUSHKI LOVES MY STUFF TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY,TWO MAIDS A BAKING, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, CRAZY SWEET TUESDAYS!  TEA PARTY TUESDAY  MANDY'S RECIPE BOX WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELLWORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYTHIS CHICK COOKSLADY BEHIND THE CURTAINGINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS  FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY,,  FRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD , BACON TIME SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAYAWELL SEASONED LIFE

Comments

Leslie said…
I noticed your cookies on "It's a Keeper Thursdays" and now that I actually see the recipe, they look even better! Great picture...I want just reach in and grab one!!
Have a blessed day,
Leslie :)
beyond the peel said…
These look delightful! So simple too. Lovely pictures. I agree with Leslie, I could reach right in and grab one.
Totally in agreement with you - a full contractor is a happy contractor. And these would definitely do the trick!
Winelady Cooks said…
I just came from Friday Potluck. Love your recipe especially the glaze and the photo is gorgeous. I'll have to give this recipe a try - luv pumpkin in my recipes. I posted an oatmeal pumpkin cookie.

Stop by and visit when you have a chance.

Joanne
Shirley said…
Wow, just the photos made my mouth water!! I'll try these for sure.
These look so yummy! I LOVE pumpkin & so perfect for Fall. I'm here from Foodie Friday.
Miz Helen said…
Your cookies look so good that Caramel Icing is just awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen
Divine! Can almost smell them through the photo! Thanks so much for sharing these tasties on Momtrends Friday Food!
Anonymous said…
These look delicious!
Kim McCallie said…
These look delicious! I love a frosted cookie. And, the brown sugar frosting looks and sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.
trinitywolf3 said…
I didn't see a temperature to bake these at nor how long to bake them for...
Thanks! I'm going to blame that on my ever-distracted life! :-) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes!
Mindie Hilton said…
Girl you are getting a double feature at Bacon Time because I can't stop thinking about these.
Unknown said…
pumpkin and caramel....yes I think so!
4Sisters said…
YUM! These look amazing! I'd like to have one right now with my morning coffee :)

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos
Shannon said…
Oh my, pumpkin and caramel sounds divine together!

Thanks for linking up to Friday Food this week!
~Shannon, Food Channel Editor, Momtrends.com
Omg, these look amazing!!!
Miz Helen said…
Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you will have a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Miz Helen
Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week! I featured you at this week's party! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}
Kerri said…
can you use butter/margarine instead of shortening?
Yes! I used Earth Balance which is a type of margarine. Butter will work, too, but will create a slightly different consistency and outcome. It will still be delicious, but might be a bit crispier.
Unknown said…
This is my first time i visit here.
I found interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion.
From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here!Thanks for your sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia