Zucchini Muffins


I admit it.  I'm not a morning person, and sometimes my kids' breakfast suffers.  Cold cereal.  A banana and a cheese stick.  A bag of Cheerios in the car.  It creates a bit of mommy guilt.

For the first day of school, however, I decided throw the guilt aside and make some muffins.  The fact that these portable goodies are actually hiding vegetables is a bonus!



Sorry for the lack of photos.  I baked these at 10:30 at night, which, come to think of it, might explain why I'm not a morning person!


Enjoy!



Zucchini Muffins
Created by Rachel at Simple Girl


3 eggs
3/4 cup canola oil
2 cups, unpeeled grated zucchini
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix ingredients.  Spray muffins tins.  Fill 1/2 - 2/3 full with batter.  Bake 15 - 18 minutes at 350 degrees on the top shelf.

THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED TO MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZTUESDAYSTUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAYTASTY TUESDAYIT’S A BLOG PARTY, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKSLADY BEHIND THE CURTAINGINGER SNAP CRAFTSWHAT'S COOKING WEDNESDAYS  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTYRECIPES TO RUN ON. THRIFTY THURSDAYS  FRIDAYSI’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK,WALNUT AVENUE: FOODIE FRIDAY, TATERTOTS AND JELLO, , SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY, FRIDAY FAVORITES,  FAT CAMP FRIDAYLA BELLA VITA, FRIDAY FOOD SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE

Comments

lovely, lovely, lovely.... and stunning pics!

:)
ButterYum
Monica said…
I'm loving all things zucchini right now!
Anonymous said…
My mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing the idea! Adding chocolate chips to this might make it even better. Just an idea :)
Julie said…
Love anything with zucchini! Found you on the linky party @This Chick Cooks :)
Brittany Turco said…
YUM! I have lots of zucchini sitting around. Going to try these for sure! Hopped over from lady behind the curtain.
Anonymous said…
Yum! These look fantastic! I have a ton of zucchini right now that definitely need to be used ASAP. I am not a morning person either, but I have a tendency to stay up late too (definitely need to work on that).
Anonymous said…
What a GREAT recipe! Thanks for sharing it at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you join me next week for another great party filled with amazing recipes!
Ann Kroeker said…
Pics are fantastic--and my son LOVES zucchini bread & muffins. I have a basic recipe I use, but I may try yours to compare. He will be thrilled, and I'll double it to freeze some for busy mornings or lunches.

I'm delighted you linked to Food on Fridays this week!

annkroeker.com
Mmm, I love muffins and zucchini and I think your photos are great :)
Kim McCallie said…
These look delicious - perfect for fall. I'm in the mood for muffins and quick breads. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.
Miz Helen said…
Hi Rachael,
These look like great Zucchini Muffins. I still have great Zucchini from the garden so this will be a great recipe to try. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come back soon!
Miz Helen
Your recipes look amazing and your photos are GORGEOUS! Well done! I am such a fan.
Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. We are partying again and I hope you will stop by! :)
These zucchini muffins look so good! Who knew? Thanks for linking up to Fat Camp Friday. Hope you enjoyed your weekend, see you next time!
Jeannie said…
I have just baked some zucchini loaves myself and waiting for them to cool down before cutting! Your muffins look yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia