Remember all those delicious little black seeds that you scraped out of the vanilla bean pod when you made yesterday's Rhubarb Cupcakes? Don't throw that homely little black pod away! Make Vanilla Sugar!
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and place it in a beautiful, clean canning jar.
- Top with the sugar.
- Place the lid on and shake.
- Wonder why you hadn't thought of something so easy before!
The vanilla essence will infuse the sugar giving everything it touches a heightened sense of sophistication.
i.e. it will make everything yummier!!
Still not sure what to do with it? Try these suggestions:
- Sprinkle it on cookies or muffins
- Add it to your morning coffee or tea
- Stir it into Hot Chocolate
- Use it in place of regular sugar in your baking
- Spoon it over oatmeal
- Use it in your toppings for crumbles or crisps
- Give it away as gifts! (Just make sure you keep some for yourself!)
Almost any situation that calls for sugar can be upgraded with vanilla sugar. When you've used up your vanilla sugar, just refill! Your supply will be endless. You'll wonder what you ever did without it!
THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED TO MONDAYS: MOUTHWATERING MONDAYS, MADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO Z, TUESDAYS: TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY, TASTY TUESDAY, IT’S A BLOG PARTY, DELICIOUS DISHES, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, WEDNESDAYS: SHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKS, LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS, WHAT'S COOKING WEDNESDAYS THURSDAYS: IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYS, STRUT YOUR STUFF, FULL PLATE THURSDAYS THRILLING THURSDAY, CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, RECIPES TO RUN ON. THRIFTY THURSDAYS FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAY, GROCERY CART CHALLENGE, FOOD ON FRIDAYS, FRIDAY POT LUCK,, WALNUT AVENUE: FOODIE FRIDAY, TATERTOTS AND JELLO, , SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY,, FRIDAY FAVORITES, FAT CAMP FRIDAY, LA BELLA VITA, FRIDAY FOOD SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE