iheartfaces | Best Face of February 2011


This is the photo I originally chose for February's challenge of Cell Phone Photos - before I read the fine print!  (That is, taken with a cell phone, not of a cell phone! Ha-Ha!)  Nevertheless, this slice of life photo has a story.  It's a picture of Samuel texting my husband to tell him he had just been named MVP for his 7th grade basketball team.  Here's the interesting twist - the phone may have been the reason he received such an honor!  Samuel received his first cell phone for Christmas this year.  (Apparently, we were one of the last parents holding out.)  Stepping outside his usual frugal self, my husband went out and bought him an iphone 4G.  The catch?  Samuel has to run 14 miles every week to keep it.  (Not including PE, basketball practice or football practice.) Thirty minutes of shooting hoops counts as 1 mile.  Between the extra running and the extra hoops practice, he was able to step up his game.  

Getting a new iphone?  Priceless!


Comments

Janet said…
Congrats, Samuel!
Zackary was looking over my shoulder as I was viewing this and said, "Why is Rachel such a good photographer?" He has an eye for talent!

We love your photos- and your stories too. Tell Samuel congratulations from us!
hannah m said…
I love the story behind the photo - what a fun memory!
Unknown said…
Holy cow! Way to go Samuel! 14 miles a week. WOW!
Anonymous said…
Great photo. Love it.
Mominin said…
Congratulations to your son! What a great moment and memory captured.
Anonymous said…
Nicely done Rachel. Interesting story! Wish I could motivate my son like that!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia