Super Easy Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Fudge


I've been making fudge for Valentine's Day ever since I was in the third grade and I made my very first batch of fudge for my Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Stover.  She loved it so much that, even in subsequent years when she was no longer my teacher, I would still make a special heart-shaped batch just for her.  

Those early batches were difficult.  I remember cooking with my mom and testing to see if the boiling candy had reached the soft ball stage by dropping a spoonful of the chocolate mixture into some water.  The results were never guaranteed.   Then one year things changed.  One year we found this Super Easy Fudge recipe that turns out perfectly every time.  Fortunately for me, this recipe does not even require a candy thermometer!


It starts with some basic ingredients.


Bring butter, sugar and evaporated milk to a boil.  Boil for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees.  Unless you are in love with your candy thermometer, just go with the timer.  Trust me on this one.  Now here's the key.  While it's boiling, stir constantly.  Don't put your cell phone on the charger, don't refresh your computer screen, don't try to squeeze in a load of laundry.  Just stand at the stove and stir.  It's only four minutes.  You can do it!


When the four minutes is up, turn off the stove and add the marshmallow creme and chopped chocolate or peanut butter chips. If possible, use a bigger pan than this one!


Stir until everything is melted and well combined.


There.  This pan, in which I did the dark chocolate layer, is much better!


I found these cute heart-shaped aluminum pans at Target!  They came 24 in a pack.


One batch of peanut butter fudge.......


...... topped with one batch of dark chocolate fudge exactly filled 24 mini heart-shaped tins.


Pipe a white chocolate message on top for a sweet Valentine treat!


Super Easy Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 can (5 ounce) evaporated milk
4 ounces Semi-Sweet chocolate and
8 ounces Unsweetened chocolate
or 12 ounces peanut butter chips
1 7-ounce jar Marshmallow Creme
1 teaspoon vanilla

Bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil in a large saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.  Boil 4 minutes or until 234 degrees F on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  ADD chocolate or peanut butter chips and marshmallow creme.  Stir until melted.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour into a foil-lined 9X9" pan or 24 mini foil heart-shaped liners.  
Cool.  Enjoy!




Comments

I know all your kids' teachers are loving you!
Hope you have a very happy ♡ 's day!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia