Thursday, December 11, 2014

2-Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes

Winter arrived with a vengeance.  One day I was happily raking leaves, enjoying the simple pleasures of autumn and the next day I woke up to this:   An icy, freezing, slippery blizzard. I was not prepared. I need new tires. I need a new car. My mums are buried under a fluffy white blanket. My pumpkins are frozen to the steps. I drove the kids to school watching cars slip through intersections. A long commute becomes longer. Amazon Prime becomes my friend.

This is the post I started exactly one month ago today. Winter came and it stayed. Eventually I was able to scrape the pumpkins off of the sidewalk and shimmy my pots inside long enough for them to thaw.  We got the Christmas tree up and, while I haven't started the Christmas cards yet, preparations are underway.

Even during the Christmas season, I still love the warmth of pumpkin spice.  This easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes is perfect for every day or for a crowd.


While I would never use pumpkin pie filling to make an actual pie (doesn't taste like mom's), 
it's a great shortcut for pancakes!


Just remember 3 - 2 - 1.

Three cups of buttermilk pancake mix.
Two cups of water.
One cup of pumpkin pie filling.


The syrup is calling!




2-Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes

by Rachel @ Simple Girl

3 cups Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix (Like Krusteaz)
2 cups of water (does not count as an ingredient!)
1 cup pumpkin pie mix (Not pureed pumpkin which doesn't have the spices)

Mix together until just combined.  Spoon 1/4 cup portions onto medium hot griddle.  Flip when they start to bubble on top.  But you knew that.





1 comment:

  1. Your Pumpkin Pancakes look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete