Yesterday was my birthday and my husband, who always seems to have a way of surprising me, managed to stop at the Hallmark store with his co-worker on the way to meet me for lunch. Before I had even made much of a dent in the guacamole which I had ordered for myself, two big guys walked through the door with cards AND gifts in hand. Now, for the record, I am not complaining that one of the gift bags happened to resemble the kind of bag that one receives for free when one purchases a gift at a Hallmark store. I was sincerely touched by the gesture.
My husband's card was quite funny and, since many of you have husbands, I thought I would share it with you here!
From my Husband:
The TOP 10 Things I Don't Say Often Enough:
- I hate to miss the game, but this floor could use a good scrubbing.
- Why don't you buy a nice new pair of shoes to go with that outfit?
- Let's rent a romantic movie. If I see one more car chase, I'm gonna hurl!
- Yeah, I'm pretty tired, too, so let's just cuddle.
- Why can't they show real-looking women in those lingerie catalogs?
- My thumb's getting tired. Would you mind holding the remote for a while?
- I'm not sure we've seen enough of your family lately.
- You got enough pillows over there?
- Sure, I'll be glad to hold your purse while we're standing next to this construction site.
- And the number one thing I don't say often enough.....I'll love you forever!
I especially enjoyed the comments about visiting my family more and handing over the pillows, as I've been known to yank a pillow out from under him while he was sleeping. I just figure that excessive pillow usage is my prerogative having given birth to four children.
Wishing you all a Happy Friday!