iheartfaces | Beautiful B&W


Probably not your typical entry for the theme, Beautiful Black and White, but it's what I've been doing for the past week - taking "Senior Pictures" for all 22 eighth graders in Samuel's "Graduating" class.  When you are in 8th grade, the term "beauty" certainly falls into a broad, sliding scale.  From baby duckling to fully emerged swan and, more awkwardly, the everything in between, my hope was to capture the beauty that God sees inside each of them.  I am so grateful for the guidance, instruction and nurturing that Samuel has received at our little school.  It has given him a strong foundation for his future.  The beauty that I see in his classmates has made this one of the most fulfilling volunteer assignments that I have done at the school so far.  My hope is that each student can see the beauty inside themselves as well.


Comments

stef said…
Lovely post and picture!
ellen kauffman said…
I really like this! The freckles and the braces are awesome. :)


http://www.flickr.com/photos/38920079@N08/6778634943/
wendy said…
this photo is really amazing!
and beautiful story too!

http://wendyp-photography.blogspot.com/2012/03/beautiful-b-photo-challenge-i-faces.html
That IS a beautiful picture (or "handsomeful"...hahaha). My oldest is leaving 5th grade this year. I am NOT ready for middle school days. Any advice on how to survive? I am totally relying on God to help us ALL through! :)

Loved this post.

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia