iheartfaces | Pets


Perhaps one of the most challenging things I have ever tried to photograph -  a Winter White Dwarf Hamster named Fuzzy.  Only three inches long and perpetual motion, she was exactly what Anna wanted for her 10th birthday.  When we went to the pet store, Fuzzy crawled right out of her tightly knit litter and into Anna's hands.  It's been love ever since.  Can you feel it?  Fuzzy, don't be offended that Grandpa thinks of you like your kinfolk that ate the crackers out of his pantry.  Although it's your lot in life to be misunderstood, you'll always have a friend in Anna.

Do I need to play Michael Jackson's 1972 hit song?  OK, here it is........

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for  
With my friend to call my own I'll never be alone 
And you my friend will see, you've got a friend in me

Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind and don't like what you find
There's something you should know, you've got a place to go

Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again if they had a friend like Ben
Like Ben, like Ben




Comments

Kim said…
Such a sweet moment.
The Kloeppings said…
awww...sweet little critter!
Nicole said…
Wonderful capture. Lucky Anna!
Anonymous said…
Great photo, and how sweet that they were meant for each other! We've had hamsters and gerbils, but we never bonded like Fuzzy and Anna. Well done!
Tamar SB said…
Oh my word, so cute! We had hamsters when we were very little, i always found them so cute and cuddly!

Thanks for stopping by!
Tamar
Lynelle said…
I think this is fun! Something so common yet unique. It's a nice close up! I definitely like it in black in white. Helps you concentrate on the little eyes of the hamster.
Anonymous said…
I love hamsters. Your photo is so sweet and loving.
Shannon
Marla said…
Awww... This is such a sweet shot. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com
Adorable! Fantastic photo.
lsquare said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on Snickerdoodle's picture. Who'd have thought you'd get such an adorable photo of a hamster?---she's looking right at the camera...well done!
Debbie said…
Amazing photo! Very beautiful, with lots of interest.
Elyssa said…
Absolutely adorable!!!!!
Beautiful capture. I love the black and white and the facial expressions.
Crystal said…
I'm impressed! That could not have been an easy shot to get! I love the love it expresses! And the coloring is great too! Thanks for sharing!
www.crystalstarrblog.com
Shannon1971 said…
That is an "OMGosh!" moment right there! ADORABLE! :) LOVE the B&W.
Unknown said…
Amazing picture! it captures a sweet moment!
Amanda Heath said…
What a beautiful image! Freckles and hamsters..they go hand in hand, like peas and carrots ;)
Bobbi said…
I love this one! Great shot!
Unknown said…
Aw he is precious!!
Anonymous said…
♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥
Dot O said…
This IS adorable!! Ben was one of my favorite songs back in the day!
Unknown said…
Rachel! I love this post so much. I posted it to facebook! Pure sweetness. I thought it was a mouse though.
Lisa @ MMT said…
Aww this is a cute photo! I love the coloring and the emotion captured. Great job :)
Awww, I love the story of how Fuzzy picked Anna!!

And the picture is adorable!
Heartsirony~ said…
The story is so cute, he reminds me of my own dwarf hamster! Love the picture.
April said…
This is just beautiful. Amazing job capturing this!
Natalie said…
OHhh thats so cute! I can feel the love from this photo. Looks like shes got a new BFF! :D
Calvin said…
Absolutely unquestionably 100% adorable!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on making the top 10!!! You deserve it.
Shannon

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia