Ella Dancing Barefoot in the Spring




When the hot, humid days of summer linger
and the crisp, cool days of autumn
hold nothing but empty promises,

I remember the first days of spring. 


I remember days when I longed
for the warmth 
of the summer sun.

I remember when daffodils 
forced their bright heads
through the cold and sleepy earth
and sweet-smelling air
rushed in like breaths of freedom





I remember when tender feet
once hibernating in winter shoes
 felt the first soft blades of grass






I remember Ella dancing Barefoot in the Spring.













Comments

Janet said…
Ella is so pretty in pink! We look forward to seeing you again soon - Autumn must mean Christmas is coming soon, right?
Unknown said…
What a beautiful post Rachel! Mom and I have just spent some time getting caught up. Looking forward to trying some of the turkey recipes...and as always simply loooove all of the photo's and captions!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia