Ella has a super creative first grade teacher and this year she has a pirate theme running throughout the classroom. Since Ella's birthday landed on the third day of school, I thought it would be fun to bring in a pirate themed snack. Here's what I came up with - Pirate Cookie Pops!
- Start with double stuffed Oreo cookies.
- Dip one end of the stick in melted white candy melts.
- "Screw" the sticks in, being careful not to break the cookies.
- Once frozen, dip the entire cookie in melted white chocolate.
- Once the white chocolate is dried, dip just the top at an angle in melted red candy melts to form a "bandana".
I found these adorable candy eyeballs at Michael's.
As you can see, I only needed one per treat!
Heart sprinkles made up the mouth and bandana tie.
The eye patch was piped on with melted chocolate.
Of course, since Ella is my little princess, I had to make pink pirates, too!
THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED TO MONDAYS: MOUTHWATERING MONDAYS, MADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO Z, TUESDAYS: TUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY, TASTY TUESDAY, IT’S A BLOG PARTY, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, WEDNESDAYS: SHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKS, LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN, GINGER SNAP CRAFTS, THURSDAYS: IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYS, STRUT YOUR STUFF, FULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS FRIDAYS: I’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAY, GROCERY CART CHALLENGE, FOOD ON FRIDAYS, FRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO, , SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY,, FRIDAY FAVORITES, FAT CAMP FRIDAY, LA BELLA VITA, FRIDAY FOOD SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE